August 2, 2002

As a child I think my first memories of a series I was in love with, was Little House on the Prairie, I could identify so much with Laura Ingals Wilder.

Lately as I was reevaluating my time. I decided I don't read recreationally nearly enough. And have decided to start with my first series as a child Little House on the Prairie. So I went to Barnes and Nobles and bought the First 5 books. Now I realize there is 20 other books I need to collect to have the whole series. I will work on that each month. Actually these are only the first five books of Laura's life, there is also a book on her great grand mother, one on her grandmother, four on her mother, a total of nine on herself, and eight on her daughter Rose.

So this evening I ran a nice bubble bath lit some candles, and started with Little House in the Big Woods.

Yes, this may be simple reading. But, I just love the story line. And books geared for adult audience just don't have the same innocence or Christian principles. And I just find it relaxing.

Tonights reading was about her father hunting, her mother gathering, and them generally getting ready for winter.

No comments: